Welcome to Aqua Chiffon! My specialty is taking castoffs found at thrift stores, on craigslist and at flea markets and giving them a facelift and hopefully a new life. I have a wide variety of finished projects as well as some purely vintage finds for sale. Feel free to look around!



Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Wine Bottle obsessed

My coworker who's getting married who inspired the glass wine charms?  Source of my new obsession - cutting wine bottles.  I found a tutorial on YouTube where you use a glass cutter, score around the bottle and use alternating hot and cold water to separate the pieces.  It takes some practice, granted, and you have to get a really nice line around the bottle to get it off perfectly, but I'm really getting the hang of it now!

Honestly, if I hadn't gotten a perfect cut on my very first try, I might have given up about 20 bottles ago.  But how could I not be encouraged by this?

Check that out!  Perfect.  And, yes, that's the same bottle I used to display the wine charms. 

There have been MANY fails.



But now instead of getting one good cut out of every 8 or so, I'm getting one out of every 2 or so!  I came up with a way to roll the bottle to make a smoother cut, and I'm going to have my dad help me tweek it a bit over the weekend.

Loving it!  I have been completely obsessed with getting bottles to practice on.  I got an email from a guy on craigslist today who has 20 CASES of empty bottles.  Woo hoo!

I'm trying to build up an inventory for the Pop Up Flea Market this summer in addition to practicing for the wedding decor.  Now that I have a gorgeous, organized new work space and the workshop isn't ridiculously cold anymore, I'm cranking stuff out like crazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment