Welcome to Aqua Chiffon! My specialty is taking castoffs found at thrift stores, on craigslist and at flea markets and giving them a facelift and hopefully a new life. I have a wide variety of finished projects as well as some purely vintage finds for sale. Feel free to look around!



Friday, October 15, 2010

Lane Cedar Chest turned pink toy box

,

Before - I found this 1945 Lane cedar chest posted on craigslist.  When I picked it up, it had some pretty serious water damage to the veneer, but the inside was great. 


The shelf inside was originally a selling point, but I took it off because of the danger found in the combination of little fingers and metal hinges.

 After - I scraped off some of the veneer, painted, papered and polyed it. 





I added safety hinges to keep it from slamming, but I'll probably end up putting a third one on there.  I also opted not to drill a hole in the back but would be willing to if someone requests it.

SOLD

No comments:

Post a Comment